Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Year Ago...

When you're not with me, I feel numb,
But when you are with me, I feel dumb.
No matter what's said or done, you're always right-
Once again you've won, I try not to fight.

How can I fix what's wrong
When I don't know who or what is wrong?
I just wanna know, how can I make things
Like they were a year ago?

My opinions --- insignificant, inferior;
Outside freshly painted, inside I feel wearier,
The world feels alright for a week,
We fight --- the world shines so bleak.

How can I fix what's wrong
When I can't tell who or what is wrong?
Let me know, how can I make things like they were
A year ago?

How can I patch this hole inside?
Every day it grows even more wide.
Maybe if you had put aside your pride,
I wouldn't have always cried.

So throw me a first aid kit,
This baby needs to heal.
I know I shouldn't give a shit,
But I just can't control how I feel.

How can we fix what's wrong?
What is it about us that's so wrong?
I'm begging you, tell me how to make things
Like they were
Just a year ago?



No comments:

Post a Comment